The fall of the Culde railway line has prompted some to question the timing of the fall, with the Queensland Government stating on Wednesday that the line was under construction on its own timetable.
Mr McArdle said the line would fall at the end of March, and there was no evidence of any damage to the railway before that date.
“It will fall at that time, so I can’t tell you anything about that,” he said.
“But the line is under construction.
There are no impacts yet, and it will fall on its date.”
Mr McArthur said the fall had caused some concern among the community, particularly those on the south-west of the line.
“I think it is quite worrying for the people that live along that line and I don’t think we should just rush into anything,” he told the ABC.
“There are a lot of people living along that track, many of them with a history of being affected by rail disasters.”
Mr O’Connor said the railway was under a number of environmental controls, and a new “sustainable” railway was being built.
“We’ve got a very good understanding that the new railway will be built in a sustainable way and that will be our priority, we’re not going to rush into it,” he added.
“The railway is not yet under construction, and we’re doing the best we can to get it up and running as quickly as possible.”
‘Worst case scenario’ for residents affected by Culdie rail line The Queensland Government has said Culdees residents will be without power for up to three months, and will be asked to travel on foot or on a bike for several months.
In a statement, the Queensland Rail Safety Authority said Cudees residents should expect to lose power for three months.
“Residents living along the Culdeeg Line will have to travel by foot or bicycle to get to their nearest power station,” the statement read.
“For the first time, the Culda Line is under a State Government controlled construction project, and while the line remains under construction there are no ongoing safety concerns.”
The Culda line has not been in operation for more than five years, and as a result the line will continue to operate without power and be affected by road closures.
“Residents with questions about their power supply should contact their Power Board for more information.”
Mr Macdonald said residents were concerned the line had been under construction for so long, and the safety of the area had been overlooked.
“You don’t know how long the line has been under work, you don’t really know what’s going on, what the conditions are like and that’s where residents get the most concerned,” he explained.
“If they know that the railway is under the control of a state government, they’re concerned about that too, and I think they’ve got to be.”